March Madness - Official Rules
Black/Opal Makeup Madness Contest - OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. CONTEST IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, 18 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER. VOID OUTSIDE THE uNITED STATES AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Contest opened only to legal residents of the United States or the District of Columbia, 18 years of age and older, at the time of entry. Void outside of the United States and where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor and parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and the immediate families or household members (whether related or not) of each are not eligible. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winner.
2. CONTEST PERIOD: No purchase necessary to enter or win, Black Opal Makeup Madness contest (the "Contest") begins on March 23rd, 2018 at 12:01 AM EST and ends on March 31st, 2018 at 11:59PM EST (“The Contest Period). The Sponsor of this Contest is Black Opal ("Sponsor").
3. HOW TO ENTER: During the Contest period, you (the “Entrant”) may enter: 1) By posting your entry on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/blackopalbeauty/) or Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/blackopalbeauty/) and following all instructions on each Black Opal page. 2) By emailing your entry to Socialmedia@Blackopalbeauty.com. One entry per person on either Instagram or Facebook. Entries in excess of the foregoing limit will result in such entrant being disqualified.
4. ENTRY TO SUBMIT: Entrants must create a makeup look that captures the spirit of March Madness and post their entry on Black Opal’s Instagram and Facebook pages using the hashtags #blackopalbeauty #BLKOPLMuM. Entries can also be submitted via email at Socialmedia@blackopalbeauty.com. Submitted entries must be the property of the Entrant. The submitted entry can be of the participant or another person 18 years or older. Entries including minor children are not allowed. If participant elects to include other party in their submission, it is their responsibility to obtain all necessary releases from the individuals depicted. They must be able to provide copies of those releases to Black Opal upon request.
By entering the Contest, entrant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted entry is an original work created solely by the entrant, that the entry does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the photograph.
5. SELECTING WINNER: By participating, the Entrant agrees to accept the decision of contest Sponsor as final and binding as it relates to the content of this contest.
Black Opal is the sole judge of this contest. Entries will be judged based on conformity to theme, creativity, originality and overall impact and artistic merit. Winning looks will be announced and posted on Black Opal Beauty’s Instagram and Facebook pages no later than April 3rd, 2018.
6. PRIZE: Winners: 5 Winners will be notified via email or through their Instagram, Facebook direct inbox accounts no later than April 3rd, 2018. Each winner will be awarded One Hundred United States dollars ($100.00) worth of Black Opal products (the “Shopping Spree”). No more than ten (10) days after said notification, Black Opal will email Winners, at email address provided by winners, a list of current Black Opal products showing U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price to select up to $100.00 worth of products to be shipped to address provided by winners. Winners will have fifteen (15) days from receipt of Black Opal product list to claim their Shopping Spree prize. Failure to do so will result in prize being forfeited. Prize is not transferrable and cannot be redeemed for cash or credit at any time.
7. INAPPROPRIATE ENTRY MATERIALS: Automated, script, macro or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize the Entry Materials from any source. Entry Materials may not contain obscene, lewd or inappropriate images or text including nudity, acts of violence, or acts that appear to cause harm or are illegal or dangerous, as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion. Any Entry Material or portion thereof that is, in the Sponsor's sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, or that contains any third party materials that may infringe any copyright, including rights to music, trademarks, and logos, may not be considered, and may disqualify the Entrant. Entrants are solely responsible for ensuring that any material or information they post anywhere on or through including but not limited to text, photographs, and sound - does not violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret, or any other personal or proprietary rights of any third party or is posted with the permission of the owner(s) of such rights (such as visible logos, drawings, cartoons, phrases, trademarks, or other materials which are not the property of Black Opal or the Entrant). You agree that by posting any material or information anywhere on the Contest site, you surrender your copyright and any other proprietary right in the posted material or information. You further agree that Black Opal is entitled to use at its own discretion any of the posted material or information in any manner it deems fit, including, but not limited to, publishing the material or distributing it. Therefore, Entrants should take care that clothing worn and props or items used in any Entry Materials do not contain any visible logos, drawings, cartoons, phrases, trademarks, or other materials (other than Black Opal cosmetics) which are not the property of Black Opal or the Entrant. This restriction extends to images of any mark that identifies a brand or other proprietary right of any person or entity living or deceased, including but not limited to rights of privacy, publicity, or portrayal in a false light any essay which is unreadable, whether due to technology or other causes, at its discretion and without notice.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS/INDEMNIFICATION: By participating in this Contest and/or by accepting any prize that you may be awarded, you agree that Sponsor, their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, units and divisions; and their advertising and promotional agencies and prize suppliers; each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees; and each of these companies' and individuals' respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the "Indemnified Parties") shall not be liable for any and all actions, claims, including any third party claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, arising from or relating to this Contest, including entry and participation in this Contest, or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize. By participating in the Contest and/or accepting any prize that you may be awarded, you agree to fully indemnify each Indemnified Party from any and all such claims by third parties without limitation. Entrants authorize the Indemnified Parties to use their name, voice, likeness, biographical data, city and state of residence and entry materials in programming or promotional material, worldwide in perpetuity, or on a winner's list, if applicable, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, in Sponsors' sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. The Indemnified Parties shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or submissions, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by your participation in this Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize; or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Contest. The Indemnified Parties disclaim any liability for damage to any phone, computer or other electronic device resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Contest, and Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest should a virus, bug, computer or phone problem, unauthorized intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's control, corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Contest. Sponsor may prohibit you from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines you are attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participants or Sponsor representatives.
Acceptance of a prize shall constitute permission by the winner for Sponsor to use the winner's name and Submission, for advertising and publicity purposes worldwide without limitation and without additional compensation, except where prohibited. No correspondence about submissions will be answered. By entering, you warrant and represent that you have rights to the submitted entry and that you have obtained all permission necessary for Sponsor to publish or use your entry in any media worldwide, including, but not limited to, permission from all persons depicted in your entry and from any holder of copyrights, trademarks or other rights in materials or other items depicted in your entry). By entering, you also agree to confirm to Sponsor any of the above in writing, if so requested.
No Injunctive Relief: EACH ENTRANT IN THE CONTEST UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT HE/SHE SHALL HAVE NO RIGHT TO ENJOIN OR RESTRAIN THE DEVELOPMENT, PRODUCTION, ADVERTISING, PROMOTION, DISTRIBUTION OR EXPLOITATION OF THE CONTEST OR ANY OTHER PRODUCTION OR PROJECT OF CONTEST ENTITIY OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES.
WINNERS LIST: To receive a list of the winners’ names, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Black Opal “Makeup Madness” Contest, 32-02 Queens Boulevard, Long Island City, NY 11101 for receipt no later than April 30th, 2018.
9. SPONSOR: BioCosmetic Research Labs, 32-02 Queens Blvd., Long Island City, NY 11101